[SOLVED] Something is seriously wrong with my computer and I cannot place what it is.

cmduplain

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
Something is very wrong with my desktop computer and I have no idea how to fix it. I feel like I've tried everything. Here's the problem:

Everything associated with my file explorer is running critically slow. Yesterday, I turned on my computer and the desktop would stop responding, go black, and then attempt to reset. I frequently have an error at the top of my cortana search stating that search results may be incomplete. If I make changes to a certain folder, say if I delete a file or download something, it lags behind and will not update until I manually refresh it. If I run an installer or try and clear my trash bin, it wont give me a confirmation dialogue box until 3-4 minutes later. (Also, I am currently trying to reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud... it popped up with an error saying it's taking longer than expected and now its stuck at 26% as we speak.) When I restart my computer, it takes an abnormally long amount of time to reboot (mostly spends a lot of time on the initial "Restarting..." screen.)

I have already run a number of the typical commands to check for system file corruption, and command prompt assures me that everything is fine. I have tried resetting windows. I have tried running a diskcheck fix on my C: drive on reboot. Same issues more or less, albeit, since resetting windows I don't have an issue with my desktop freezing anymore. My CPU, GPU, and RAM all seem to be operating at normal temperatures and loads.

Here are the specs of my PC if its helpful:

Windows 10 Home 20H2
Ryzen 7 1700 (Idling at about 1-7%, 40 degrees C)
2070 Super (Idling at 0%, 33 degrees C)
32GB RAM
1TB 970 EVO M.2 as my C: Boot Drive, with a number of other SSD's and HDD's for additional storage and software.

I am a videographer and editor and have had to delay a client video edit as a result of this. At this point i'm pretty much willing to try anything to get this working again. Any advice is super appreciated.

Solution
What might have changed since all was well?
Perhaps windows has pushed out a less than optimal update.
Possibly you have contracted malware or a virus.

See if you can't use system restore to roll back your system back to a date when all was well.

cmduplain

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
check disk health on all the hdd and ssd?
how full is the c: boot drive ssd?

C: Boot drive is only a quarter of the way full at the moment. Disk manager wont open to allow me to view disk health. Ive tried to install Macrium reflect as well and the installer claims there is another installer working and that It needs to finish before I can do anything.

What might have changed since all was well?
Perhaps windows has pushed out a less than optimal update.
Possibly you have contracted malware or a virus.

See if you can't use system restore to roll back your system back to a date when all was well.

Solution