[SOLVED] Something is underperforming, right?

Jul 6, 2020
Alright, so I just can't seem to narrow down what the issue is or if it's simply game-specific.

Now I should lead this issue with I'm trying to get Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC to run/look as great as possible. I've heard rumor that it's poorly optimized but I've seen reports of people with high-end PC's having no issue.

I recently upgraded my rig to these specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Asus ROG Strix X570-E
4x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200
MSi RTX 2080ti
Installed on Intel M.2
Monitor is ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz at 2K
Additional monitors are are 1080p not used for gaming.

Not sure if I'm just going nuts or if it's something I'm missing, because you would certainly think that what I have would be more than enough to get to like 70fps on Ultra/High, but it floats under 60 and sometimes even gets as low as 40fps.

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Solution
That's my fault, I was copy-pasting from my shipping info on my parts. Each are running at 2133mhz.

Forgive my ignorance but that seems normal, right?
no thats not normal,thats the main reason you are seeing low fps.
RYZEN relies on fast ram for it to reach its peak performance.Go into bios and change that to 3200mhz.I dont know anything about changing ram speeds,but from what i've heard enable XMP,but dont 100% trust me.Take a look at this:View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/7axfmd/3200mhz_ram_works_at_only_2133mhz/

Also,you will see a huge fps increase from a 1000mhz difference.Im 100% sure thats why you had low fps.
Alright, so I just can't seem to narrow down what the issue is or if it's simply game-specific.

Now I should lead this issue with I'm trying to get Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC to run/look as great as possible. I've heard rumor that it's poorly optimized but I've seen reports of people with high-end PC's having no issue.

I recently upgraded my rig to these specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Asus ROG Strix X570-E
4x 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200
MSi RTX 2080ti
Installed on Intel M.2
Monitor is ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz at 2K
Additional monitors are are 1080p not used for gaming.

Not sure if I'm just going nuts or if it's something I'm missing, because you would certainly think that what I have would be more than enough to get to like 70fps on Ultra/High, but it floats under 60 and sometimes even gets as low as 40fps.

Hopefully you guys can help me out.
kinda random question,but are you sure your ram is set to 3200mhz?

That's my fault, I was copy-pasting from my shipping info on my parts. Each are running at 2133mhz.

Forgive my ignorance but that seems normal, right?
RYZEN relies on fast ram for it to reach its peak performance.Go into bios and change that to 3200mhz.I dont know anything about changing ram speeds,but from what i've heard enable XMP,but dont 100% trust me.Take a look at this:View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/7axfmd/3200mhz_ram_works_at_only_2133mhz/

Also,you will see a huge fps increase from a 1000mhz difference.Im 100% sure thats why you had low fps.

Solution
Jul 6, 2020

You've been a huge help, thanks so much. This should make a difference. :D