[SOLVED] Something strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florax

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
This is strange and have happend all the time now, anyone know why some programs do this?
First it was Twitch app, today I installed Raider.io and Twitch app is now fine but not Raider.io.

Normal:

83388054_10156662761037382_5623488237856096256_n.jpg

Strange:
84052523_10156662761047382_8428595047468892160_n.jpg

Don't know if this is the right place for this, but didnt know if it's Windows 10 ore something else :)

Solution
Sorry to be slow, life got in the way.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

So its an add on for WOW? I haven't played it for 10 years or more so I wouldn't know.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I recently had a similar issue due to a KVM device failure. One of the video ports had become defective.

Are you using any adapters to connect your GPU to your display? Have you checked for loose cables/connections?

Has this happened at any other time, with any other application?

Florax

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I recently had a similar issue due to a KVM device failure. One of the video ports had become defective.

Are you using any adapters to connect your GPU to your display? Have you checked for loose cables/connections?

Has this happened at any other time, with any other application?

Hi.

No, not using any adapters, just a straight DP cable.
I have checked for loose cables, No, this has just happend to Twitch.exe and raider.io.exe so far.
Still happening now.

But it goes back to normal if I minimize it or take the cursor over like the icons, "Dashbord" "Settings" but just the buttons not the whole frame.

Like this:

84207185_10156666459762382_6506439733302788096_n.jpg

And this gets triggered only if I go over links or active buttons.

Like this:

84400062_10156666465077382_3907973966488141824_n.jpg

Nothing happens if I also do this with the exit button or minimize button. Just the program it self.
This behaviour is the same for Twitch.

All this is so annoying, please help.

EDIT:

I tried changing the DP but didn't work.

I have testen other programs, all under here didn't have this issue.

Sound Blaster Connect 2 (For my BlasterX)
CCleaner
Discord
iTunes
internet explorer
Edge
Chrome
Dropbox
Acrobat Reader DC
Brother Utilities
Dr.Phone
NVIDIA Controlpanel

Why does this only happen to twitch app and Raider.io app and nothing else?

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I suspect a flaw in those particular apps. Do you have any other user accounts set up on your system? If so, it would be interesting to see if the problem showed up using that account.

Are your video drivers the most recent available for your GPU?

Florax

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I suspect a flaw in those particular apps. Do you have any other user accounts set up on your system? If so, it would be interesting to see if the problem showed up using that account.

Are your video drivers the most recent available for your GPU?

No, I dont have any other accounts, but I have a girlfriend who plays and uses the same programs as me, and she dont have the same issue, but she is still on GTX 1060.

I have 2080Ti Strix and have the latest driver, Version 441.87.

She don't have any issues with Raider.io or Twitch app.

I think, as long as I can take a screenshot of this problem, it's not my screen. A screen only project what computer creates. I have also now tried switching to HDMI but the same problem there.

It can't be the card because I can play normally. I will in the days ahead buy a new DP just in case.
But I appreciate if someone could help me find the cause of this problem.

Thank you for your interest so far :) Can't find anything on google about this.

Florax

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Is Girlfriend on the same Nvidia drivers? It could be the drivers are buggy (it wouldn't be 1st time for Nvidia). You could try running DDU and reinstall same or slightly older drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Hi and thank you. My girlfriend has the same version as me, we have just different cards.
It's still happening today. It's very weird because it's seems to be very local in the program.
Only triggers when I move over buttons , like stages, everytime I hove over buttons it gets more white.

But should I try to do a clean install anyway?

Colif

Win 11 Master

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

So its an add on for WOW? I haven't played it for 10 years or more so I wouldn't know.

Solution

Florax

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

Hi, yes, it's an addon. RaiderIO is for you and other to give a score on how well you are doing in raids and Mythic+ :)

I will try a clean boot at the end of the day :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi guys,

Firstly I don't know how to describe my situations. Basically I clean my keyboard and I press something wrong. Now my screen move when I move my mouse and it's magnified.
Even after I restart my computer.

There's a link below to see the problem in the video.

Please guide me to solve this issue thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MxMP7WL68bGq6Cf6
Please start your own thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.