Question Sony Bravia XBR-55X900E Android TV stuck on reboot loop; forced factory restart doesnt work

biscuitduke

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
My Android TV is stuck on a reboot loop. It turns on, goes half way through that colorful android animation, freezes, reboots and does it all over again. I've tried following the troubleshooting tip here, but the green light only stays lit for a few seconds and the TV shuts down and does this whole thing all over again like 2-3 times before it actually boots up. When I try to go for a factory reset, I click yes and it does absolutely nothing and then reboots to the same old song and dance.
If repair is needed I am fairly confident I can repair it myself, but I have no clue how to go about troubleshooting TV components. Any one have any idea where I can start or even what's going wrong?

Oct 14, 2021
My Android TV is stuck on a reboot loop. It turns on, goes half way through that colorful android animation, freezes, reboots and does it all over again. I've tried following the troubleshooting tip here, but the green light only stays lit for a few seconds and the TV shuts down and does this whole thing all over again like 2-3 times before it actually boots up. When I try to go for a factory reset, I click yes and it does absolutely nothing and then reboots to the same old song and dance.
If repair is needed I am fairly confident I can repair it myself, but I have no clue how to go about troubleshooting TV components. Any one have any idea where I can start or even what's going wrong?
View: https://youtu.be/NXodr8WOjX4

try this