Sony Finally Shows Off the PS4 Console in All Its Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowarez

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
looks interesting. hope the hdd is easy to access, you know they will put a 500g hdd with a 6mb cache 1400 rpm to keep cost down.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
It looks horrible just like the Xbox One but with slanted sides lol, anway I thought MS had the best E3 presentation showed amazing games. Sony has no region lock and no DRM I am not sure how that will affect me, as I download my games, do not borrow and do not lend.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
It looks dumb. Unless the design offers better cooling its stupid. However who cares about looks. No draconian DRM is all that matters. If i was going to buy a new console it would easily, easily be the ps4 over the xbox one. More power, and no daily check in, no hassle on used games. Thats an easy win.

It will be interesting to find out. SSDs didn't help much on the PS3 because the optical drive was usually the bottleneck. Even with games that are completely on the HDD, I don't see a lot of performance increase between my 500GB hybrid drive and the stock 5400rpm drive.

I hope this one is quieter upon release than the PS3 was upon release. The PS3 was like a hair dryer even when just watching a blu-ray; just obnoxious. Just when you thought it was at its loudest, it would gear up to the next noise level; all in steps. I really hope they thought long and hard about keeping these next-gen consoles quiet.

Also, I thought Apple had the patent on parallelograms? I'm not sure the parallelogram is the best shape for an entertainment center shelf?

Status
Not open for further replies.