Sony Sells 8.7 Million Smartphones in Q4, Reports Eighth Straight Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Have yet to see a Sony smartphone in the wild. majority of sales must have been Japan only. Still waiting for Japan to take over USA (a little grew up in the 80s humor) ;)

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I like the outer designs and water resistant features however they keep making mistakes like no SD functionality, nonremovable batteries, cramming rather low capacity batteries that aren't removable and to top it all off their first gen like X8,X10 etc really screwed up, X8 was stuck in donut for so so long then only managed to hit eclair and X10 with bad battery life, radio issues, fps cap, buggy multitouch and stuck in eclair even for many months after gingerbread came out. I own an X10.
Maybe that's the reason sales weren't that good

wardoc22

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
[citation][nom]clin98[/nom]what Roger responded I'm surprised that someone able to earn $7376 in four weeks on the internet. did you see this web site http://Bing30.com[/citation]

Whore.

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
The more stuff you buy from Sony, the more you hate them. They make good products, but everything they sell has proprietary bits that make them annoyingly expensive to own after the initial sale. Pro Duo memory that costs several times as much as equivalent SD family, cables with odd connectors, oddball batteries, etc. They may be hitting the tipping point of (new fools coming in) < (fooled me enough times, TYVM).

I just bought an Olympus digital voice recorder. The Sony was nicer for the same price, but didn't include the cable to DL the data, and Office Depot didn't carry it. No sale. The Olympus uses the same standard USB connector as my remote controls, portable HD, cell phone, etc.

geronimo8

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
[citation][nom]wilem_WAR246810[/nom]I like the outer designs and water resistant features however they keep making mistakes like no SD functionality, nonremovable batteries, cramming rather low capacity batteries that aren't removable and to top it all off their first gen like X8,X10 etc really screwed up, X8 was stuck in donut for so so long then only managed to hit eclair and X10 with bad battery life, radio issues, fps cap, buggy multitouch and stuck in eclair even for many months after gingerbread came out. I own an X10. Maybe that's the reason sales weren't that good[/citation]
Add 'not including some devices to jelly bean update' to their mistakes.
They included Xperia go but left behind Sola, U, miro and tipo.
Xperia go, Sola and U have the same Chipset, CPU and GPU for chrissake!
I bet that's their karma for not listening to their customers!

Status
Not open for further replies.