Sony Updates PS4 Pro Media Player To Support 4K Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Hmm I thought it could already do this? I guess the media player software was a little behind the streaming service apps. But yeah, still no UHD 4K blu-rays for purists. That's not something they can add with software... the drive doesn't support em.

esco_sid

Dignified
Not sure whats the big deal everyone makes out of no blue-ray 4k support its not a blue-ray player its a console for games and i think most people don't even buy 4k blue-rays now-days with most things being digital content off the internet.

Shadowman11

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I would have upgraded if it had a 4k drive but instead just bought a separate 4k drive. Lots of people buy 4k discs, there's no digital content service that delivers the quality of a UHD disc. Heck, no service that delivers even standard Bluray quality that I know of.
Except maybe that service the rich use to watch even current release movies in their homes. Not sure on its specs.

esco_sid

Dignified

Vudu HDX comes closest usually about double the bit-rate of other streaming services. I am not sure why there is still no full bitrate service as 4k UHD at full speed would be 80mbits~128mbits(maybe allow you to keep the actual file). I would think you would need fairly expensive TV to even see all those differences when compared to HDX quality streaming if you are just a normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS