Sony's PS Vita Slim to Cost $199 with Borderlands 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Dumb move putting in Borderlands 2. That game is so sweet you'll not need to buy another game for 6 months.
lol makes sense. all that loot aint gonna find itself. we;;, anyway, this seems like a good deal regardless. the value in this bundle is above average.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
So how do you sell this vs T4/shield (or Asus model now) for $50 more and even cheaper if you buy a gpu at the same time? You buy a GTX and get shield for $199. Even at $50 more without a card you get far more power, more battery, seriously long movie play out to TV so kind of a portable VLC player that plays everything, PC streaming at some point (already if you own a GTX 650 or up, a cheap $100 card right now on newegg with $20 off), a metric TON of android games with high quality unreal 3 engine games coming out right and left among other great looking games on the way or already here.

No game is currently aimed above T3 so I can't wait until we see what T4/K1/S805/810 games look like. I see a shield r2 or K1 tablet in my future as long as they enable streaming to it like shield (odd if they didn't considering it sells GPU cards). I just don't understand how these sell with all the Shield advantages unless you really must fit it in your pocket. Vita has no games coming except from Sony pretty much as GDC 2013 showed, and I expect GDC 2014 next month to show worse.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
So how do you sell this vs T4/shield (or Asus model now) for $50 more and even cheaper if you buy a gpu at the same time? You buy a GTX and get shield for $199. Even at $50 more without a card you get far more power, more battery, seriously long movie play out to TV so kind of a portable VLC player that plays everything, PC streaming at some point (already if you own a GTX 650 or up, a cheap $100 card right now on newegg with $20 off), a metric TON of android games with high quality unreal 3 engine games coming out right and left among other great looking games on the way or already here. No game is currently aimed above T3 so I can't wait until we see what T4/K1/S805/810 games look like. I see a shield r2 or K1 tablet in my future as long as they enable streaming to it like shield (odd if they didn't considering it sells GPU cards). I just don't understand how these sell with all the Shield advantages unless you really must fit it in your pocket. Vita has no games coming except from Sony pretty much as GDC 2013 showed, and I expect GDC 2014 next month to show worse.
Im pretty sure the few games VITA has are generally better than the metric TON of crappy android games out there. really, the VITA library might not be huge, but it certainly has quality that isnt too hard to find. and with the ps4 release, vita sales have skyrocketed and devs have definitely noticed this. there arent much advantages to having a shield other than pc game streaming. and it doesnt really matter how much more power a T4 or whatever new android chip is over the VITAs performance, the performance matters nothing if all the games on android are dung, which 99% are.

Status
Not open for further replies.