Sound and loading issues

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Last night I installed all 4 Iobit softwares.The uninstaller, advanced system care, driver booster/updater, system defrag and the malware protection. First night no problem, everything running smoothly.

The next day, things start to act weird. My volume sounds very low, even though I increased the volume to the maximum, and it sounds weirdly as well. Something like its coming from underwater. Tried that on several sound sources. Programs take longer to load up, and this little square that you can use to select multiple programs at the desktop turned from the transparent blue square with a light shade of blue outline to the windows 7 outline, the dotted lines. I'm using windows 8.1 currently.

Also to mention, I updated 17 drivers with the driver booster, 14 last night, 3 this morning. 3 of them involving sounds. nvidia sound player and whatnot. After that update things started to act weirdly. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: also programs freeze a damn lot more after all those events mentioned above took place.

notlim981

Distinguished
Uninstall Iobit, replace its anti-malware solution for Malwarebytes and the rest for CCleaner. After installing CCleaner be sure to scan the Registry to clean all Iobit leftovers and if the sound problem persists, reinstall the drivers.

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

Uninstalled all Iobit programs, scanned the registery with ccleaner and it fixed them all, but still having sound problems. Now I have another issue aside from that, youtube vids take a while for the video to start playing once I clicked on it.

I don't exactly know what drivers to install and uninstall and how to do so, can you please help?

notlim981

Distinguished

Please scan your PC with Malwarebytes to make sure that Iobit did not have any hidden malware and let us know how it goes.

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016

Just completed a full threat scan, no threats detected whatsoever... issues still persisting, and programs now freeze way more often.

notlim981

Distinguished
Iobit must have screwed something on the system. You should backup your data ASAP and perform either a system restore to a previous point (preferably before installing iobit) or, in case system restore does not work, a clean install of Windows.

Please let us know if you need guidance to do it.

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
If I backup on the "RECOVERY" disk built-in the laptop, will that backup any settings/driver updates/downloaded drivers with the backup along with all my files?

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Hmm, I seem to have solved the sound issue by simply reinstalling the realtek audio driver. Youtube issue seemed to have solved itself, loading is no longer a problem and my only issue is whenever i select multiple items on my desktop, there is no big blue box, instead just dotted outline.

64cents

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
So what's the next step after backing up? I have no system restore points except from one earlier on today.. I installed Iobit 2 days ago, no system point there.

notlim981

Distinguished

So save all your data and perform a clean install. I know Microsoft provides official ISO downloads for both Windows 8.1 and 10, however I don't think the same for Windows 8. You can however use the installation disk in case you have it.

TRENDING THREADS