Sound Card ASUS or CREATIVE

randiandi

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Wow! that's a tough decision to make since they are both decent cards.
I think the Creative would be better for gaming in my experience with their products.But that's just an opinion based on my Audigy 2-ZS experience.
Honestly though i think you should base your selection on real world experience from actual posters who own these cards.
You could do alot worse!
Good luck!

fergie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I got the Fatal1ty version of this card last week and have been really impressed using Sennheiser PC360 headphones. It's such an improvement over the onboard sound. A friend of mine has the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and to be honest I couldn't tell much of a difference to the Fatality. Can't comment on the ASUS Xonar though.

For a primary gamer, the Creative line of X-Fi audio cards are the way to go.. However, for a period now, many people have reported issues with creative drivers when using windows vista/7.. Personnely though, i had no such experience using a creative sound blaster live 24 bit (may be an issue with X-Fi chips).. A cautious approach would be to get the benefits of the X-Fi chip from some other manufacturer such as auzentech.. I've read all good reviews on their line of cards till date.. On the music front, both would deliver the same results..

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I would definetly go for the ASUS, ASUS has a history of making top of the line products, in everything they manufacture. The same can't be said for Creative, they are currently behind many sound card companies in new drivers and what there cards support. Although the Creative does have an extensive driver set when it comes to personalizing, ASUS overall makes a better product.

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009

i dont see how for a gamer creative card is the way to go... unless u are a fan of old games with EAX support there is nothing else that creative has to beat ASUS cards. quality on the ASUS cards are better then creative's at the same price level, and that pretty much saids all. unless you want to mention about the THX console, but why not use a reciever for that then?....

The only reason creative cards are overlooked is because of driver issues on windows post vista.. Its not a hardware or quality issue.. The X-Fi chip is excellent as evident by its adoption by company's such as Auzentech who have drivers that work flawlessly..

ASUS Xonar DX:
Channels: 7.1
Sample Rate: 192KHz
Digital Audio: 24-bit
SNR: 116dB

Creative Titanium:
Channels: 7.1
Sample Rate: 96KHz
Digital Audio: 24-bit
SNR: 109dB

Throw in solid drivers on ASUS' side, and the victor is clear. The Titanium is respectable, but should be competing against the ASUS DS in the $50, not the $80 range.