Sound Cards for VHS capture

I know that inbuilt sound cards are generally not good - given that old
videos don't have great sound is it still worth me putting a stand alone
sound card in a machine just for captures - I have an SB Live that I could
use. Any ideas.

Thanks

All I have ever used is my SB Live card and the native built-in Win2K
drivers to do my caps with.