Question Sound cracks with PCIE 3.0, but not PCIE 2.0

Aug 26, 2024
1. please tell us your current hardware:

Processor (CPU): Ryzen 5 5600G
Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16
Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450M Elite (Bios F63, newer versions also had this error)
Power supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550W ATX 2.4
Case: Any Fractal case
Graphics card: XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB
HDD / SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 257 GB/ Lexar NM620 2TB
Other hardware that is obviously related to the problem (monitor model, cooling, etc.): Universal Audio Volt 2 USB

2. describe your problem. The more precisely and better you describe your problem, the better you can be helped (additional pictures could be helpful, for example):

When the GPU is running over the PCIE 3.0x16, I have sound cracks and pops when opening PDFs, zooming in FL Studio and loading in RDR2. If I switch the slot to PCIE 2.0, all this is gone, but I then feel strange mini lags in RDR2 (I may be imagining things). Since today I have Sound cracks while watching youtube. I

3. what steps have you already taken/tried to solve the problem and what has it achieved?

I've thrown AMD drivers back and forth, but that didn't help. I have also updated the Ryzen chipset.
I had to enter the voltage manually to run my Ram at 3200Mhz. The XMP profile was somehow not fully applied and I got blue screens and broken ram all the time.
I suspect it has something to do with some kind of voltage. I read something about VDDG (?) but couldn't find the option in my bios. I also did all of the basic things you did when getting a sound card (energy options stuff.)

Please help I just cant do it anymore.

Aug 26, 2024
eventually your power supply is not enough for this system.
try a different video cable

is it happening if the Universal Audio Volt 2 USB is not plugged in aswell?
1. Yeah i googled and the power supply should be the bare minimum, but I had the same thought as well.

2. What has the Video Cable to do with it?

3. Yes when I use the Realtek Card its the same