Sound Cutting Out With SteelSeries Arctis 7's

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
A few months ago I bought the SteelSeries Arctis 7's on Amazon because the reviews were very good and I was looking for a new headset. When they I arrived and I started using them I noticed that when I was playing video games like Fortnite and PUBG that the audio would cut out for a few seconds and would switch to a different audio device. Sometime the audio wouldn't even come back to the headset so I would have to restart my computer. I tried updating the sound drivers, reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling the SteelSeries Engine, and a few other things and I still can't get them to stop cutting out. I even disabled all other audio devices so the headset was the only one and I continue to have the same issue.
If anyone could try to help me solve this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
try the front usb port make sure nothing blocking the wifi of the head set. install the newest mb chipset and usb drivers. make sure the mb has the newest bios on it. if it still dropping see if a friend has a wifi dongle that you can see if it the head set. on the headset see if you can use another channel .may be too close to your router and there crosstalk.
try the front usb port make sure nothing blocking the wifi of the head set. install the newest mb chipset and usb drivers. make sure the mb has the newest bios on it. if it still dropping see if a friend has a wifi dongle that you can see if it the head set. on the headset see if you can use another channel .may be too close to your router and there crosstalk.

Solution
May 9, 2018

Alright well I changed the port it's plugged into and it's worked so far but I will have to do more testing/playing to see if it's really fixed.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.