Question Sound distorted, and lag/stutter ?

Jan 13, 2024
Hello,

I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 a few months ago and recently started to have some issues with it. Sometimes (daily), out of nowhere, no matter what app or game I'm using/ playing, the laptop sound gets distorted and the image (and mouse cursor as well) stutters/ lags, like a massive frame drops, but just for 1-3 seconds, then it's all good. This scenario repeats now and then, can't say a specific time interval.

I play Rage 2 and NFS Heat these days, my temperatures in games are okay, like 60-70 degrees GPU and 65-80 degrees CPU (spikes to 80's in NFS, in Rage it stays at around 70-75), if it has any importance.

Any idea on what's the cause of it? Or any solution to solve the issue?

The laptop is:
Lenovo Legion 5-15ACH6H - Type 82JU
The specs are:

RTX 3060 130W
R5 5600H (boost mode disabled from power settings)
32 GB RAM DDR4 Kingston Fury Impact
500 GB SSD Samsung MZVLB512HBJQ-000L2 (Windows)
1 TB SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Games and Apps)
Windows 11 Pro 22H2

No undervolt or overclock.

Thanks! :grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would look at your laptops BIOS and see if you have any updates pending. Following that, you have an update pending for your OS, it should be 23H2. Following that, you should uninstall your audio drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest audio driver listed on Lenovo's support site, bespoke to your laptop's serial number(on teh underside of your laptop, or using the widget on Lenovo's support site).

You should also use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia), then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.