Question Sound distorts and doesn't work when adjusting volume

jcdumaguing226

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
I haven't been able to understand what is wrong. When a sound is playing in my laptop whether its from the internet or spotify or a game, when I adjust the volume, the playback stops and does not work until I restart the app that is playing or restart the Windows Audio Service. This also happens at times when switching from one application to another using ALT + TAB keys while there is playback. Haven't encountered this problem when using my other desktop. Its kinda annoying because I am a freelance event spinner and usually the venue that I am situated in does not have a dedicated mixer nearby that I could position myself for their sound system. As a result, I rely on my system volume.

Hello

Please try updating the audio driver.

If this doesn't help, please try uninstalling the driver, obtaining another copy from the vendor's official website, and then installing it from the scratch.

If the issue persists, please search Find and Fix Audio Playback in the Cortana search bar, hit Enter to launch the tool, and follow the on-screen instructions from there to troubleshoot the problem.

If nothing works, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command to let Windows 10 detect and automatically fix the error for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!