Sound interference with graphics use

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Erik

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Just upgraded my system with a MSI Z77A-GD55 motherboard with an Intel i5 3570k. I am now getting audio interference through both my front and back audio panels. This is seemingly linked with the graphics use as the buzzing sound occurs when I move the mouse or scroll in an internet browser. This also gives off an increased buzzing for a little bit after first launching to the Guild Wars log-in page. It then goes away however will return every now and then. I want to say this isn't directly caused by my graphics card because I swapped in my old 9800 that I did not have trouble with before however this is the largest lead that I have on this problem at the moment.

Edit: Forgot to add that I am running an EVGA GTX 560 Ti

Solution

Beau Jordan

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

Beau Jordan

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Don't run the audio from you're monitor to the speakers. Connect the speakers directly to the audio jack on you're computer. Most monitors don't know what to do when they are getting more FPS than they can project and the extra current is sent to you're speakers.

I just figured this out on my own system after reading tones of threads. I'ts because I was running a 3.5mm headset jack from my monitor to my speakers and the feedback was comming through the monitor. I figured that out because when I changed aliasing it changed the tone. I took the jack out of my monitor and plugged the speakers directly into the computer and walla... fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.