Question Sound Issue - - is it the motherboard or something else ?

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
Hello friends,

My new build is up and running and now (Windows 11) I have a small concern. My MB is a Gigabyte B650 Aero G. After I connected my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 TH speakers and started checking the system by playing some YouTube videos, whenever I move the mouse over any area of a video or link, I am getting 2 pulsing sounds coming from my speakers. Is this a sound driver from the MB issue? I have tried to adjust different sound levels from the sound mixer on the bottom right of Wondows, but nothing is working. Even when I mute all sound, it still comes through. Any ideas folks?

Best regards,

Jeff

Lutfij

Titan
You should include a video/audio of the issue you speak of to help us better understand what you're dealing with.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you install the OS in offline mode?

Jeff1960

Distinguished
May 22, 2012
Here is my gear on new build.

Monitor is ASUS 28" 4k
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360L Core White 360mm
GAMEMAX Rampage Series 850W PCIe 5.0 80 Plus Gold Certified
Montech AIR 903 MAX, E-ATX Mid Tower Case, High Airflow
TEAMGROUP MP44 2TB SLC Cache Gen 4x4 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 (x2)
XFX Speedster QICK319 RX 7700 XT Black Gaming Graphics Card 12GB GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP, AMD
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
GIGABYTE B650 AERO G (AM5/ LGA 1718/ AMD B650
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB)
Windows 11 Pro (USB download)

To answer the other question, this happens on either browser Firefox or Edge, and no matter where I am viewing, YouTube, Yahoo, etc. Anywhere that there is a "link." I don't have to click the link, just mouse over it.

Thank you all very much. I hope this information was helpful to finding the issue.

Jeff