Sound not working

GamingElitist

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Hello- I have built my first computer. The error for my computer that I am trying to fix is that the Realtek high definition audio is not connected. I plugged the HD audio cable into the AAFP slot, was this correct? I plugged some individual cables onto the panel plug and plugged it in- was this correct? One of these cables correlate to the Realtek high definition audio, correct?

Thanks

Solution
I was talking about the audio plug on the back of the MoBo in the panel with the LAN port, HDMI, and USB ports. There are normally pink and green ports for Mic (pink) and Speaker/headphones (green)

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
There is a missing wire line in the cable and connector. Verify that the connector is oriented correctly. If that yealds no results download the latest drivers from your motherboards support page and install it.

Xibyth

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

The cable is missing the connector on the end to show how the connector is supposed to be oriented, the motherboard will have a missing pin as well, insure the empty port and the missing pin on the board are matched.

TRENDING THREADS