Question Sparks after repasting the cpu gpu

Aug 15, 2023
So i decided to clean the heatsink and fan. Replaced the thermal paste
Before i made from bios disable built in battery . Ac plug disconnected
I put everything back, i connected to ac plug to reconnect battery, nothing happens.
I tried to remove back cover to see if anything missing and to start again. Working. Shut down, i connected the ac plug and i saw 2 spark under heatsink from cpu area. Removed the heatsink nothing abnormal
Put back heatsink and plugged in ac adapter and coming sparks from the marked zone with red. These 2 gray. Disconnected power supply.

Something is wrong from beggining, when i plugged the ac adapter should come charging light on at least..

any advices? I made repaste the heatsink maybe 100 times

Aug 15, 2023
Update, i had another lenovo ac adapter 90w vs 135w original one same voltage.
Laptop shutdown, plugged in the 90w no sparks
Laptop running, plugged in after 1 minute again the 90W, no more sparks

Aug 15, 2023
Update, i had another lenovo ac adapter 90w vs 135w original one same voltage.
Laptop shutdown, plugged in the 90w no sparks
Laptop running, plugged in after 1 minute again the 90W, no more sparks
Hi, is ok if it works , on that area you make sure you have termal pad it is important , if you have termal pad and all ok , just try clean the motherboard and verify again , but from what you say it is working.

Aug 15, 2023
Hi, is ok if it works , on that area you make sure you have termal pad it is important , if you have termal pad and all ok , just try clean the motherboard and verify again , but from what you say it is working.
It is the extension cable fault, everything back to normal with both chargers. That area didn’t had from factory thermal pad, just the heatsink above 2mm so i leave it like in factory state.
The issue was 100% extension cable, i tested again also the original charger 130W.

Reactions: DanielCalota

TRENDING THREADS