[SOLVED] Spat tea on my monitor

Nov 7, 2019
Hello, a little while ago I was watching a video and I don't know what came over me but I spat out my tea while laughing all over my monitor. I didn't think much of it till I noticed that there was water sitting on the bottom of the monitor. My monitor is a Acer Predator so the power, volume, etc. are at the bottom of the screen where the tea is. Now I quickly turned off the monitor, dabbed it dry and plugged it out. While it was off I used some compressed air to blow out some of the water as well.

What should I do from here? How long should I leave it off and plugged out for?

Solution
a while back I woke up to the sound of the AC dripping water on my 1 week old back then 1200$ Samsung S27B970D monitor , it was completely soaked , I immediately pluged it off , started drying it and left it infront of a fan for 24 hours , and it still works to this day 6 years later
just leave it to dry out in a well ventilated environment and hope for the best

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
When did this happen? I would wait for 6 hours, depending on the humidity in your room and the amount that got into the monitor.

Did the tea have sugar? Because that can cause some problems.

Compressed air is can be both good and bad idea. It could have helped getting the liquid out, but it could also have blown the liquid further into the monitor.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019
When did this happen? I would wait for 6 hours, depending on the humidity in your room and the amount that got into the monitor.

Did the tea have sugar? Because that can cause some problems.

Compressed air is can be both good and bad idea. It could have helped getting the liquid out, but it could also have blown the liquid further into the monitor.

Yes the tea did have sugar and it happened during the night time. I keep my room pretty cold too.

Yes I kinda wanna take it apart but not if I don't have to. Also just noticed I got some tea on my keyboard, but I'm guessing that just needs some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to clean up.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
a while back I woke up to the sound of the AC dripping water on my 1 week old back then 1200$ Samsung S27B970D monitor , it was completely soaked , I immediately pluged it off , started drying it and left it infront of a fan for 24 hours , and it still works to this day 6 years later
just leave it to dry out in a well ventilated environment and hope for the best

Solution