Question Speaker Electrical Noise Diagnosing

S1W

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate some electrical noise from my soundbar.
I have this one

It has two 3.5 mm jacks on it, one for mic and one for sound.
No matter which 3.5mm port on my computer I seem to plug the sound jack into I get this really annoying high pitched grainy electrical sound.
You can't hear it when you have music playing unless you turn it up, but it definitely becomes noticeably if you don't have music playing.

Things is - I plugged the soundbar into the headphone jack on my laptop and the sound is not there! Even at full volume I can't hear any electrical sound when no music is playing.

Any thoughts on how the steps I should take to go about diagnosing this on my desktop?
Something wrong with my motherboard?

If it matters, I have some headphones I use on the desktop with no sound issues at all (no grainy electrical sounds at all). I also have several monitors which don't have particularly high quality speakers but also don't have any electrical sound issues.

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate some electrical noise from my soundbar.
I have this one

It has two 3.5 mm jacks on it, one for mic and one for sound.
No matter which 3.5mm port on my computer I seem to plug the sound jack into I get this really annoying high pitched grainy electrical sound.
You can't hear it when you have music playing unless you turn it up, but it definitely becomes noticeably if you don't have music playing.

Things is - I plugged the soundbar into the headphone jack on my laptop and the sound is not there! Even at full volume I can't hear any electrical sound when no music is playing.

Any thoughts on how the steps I should take to go about diagnosing this on my desktop?
Something wrong with my motherboard?

If it matters, I have some headphones I use on the desktop with no sound issues at all (no grainy electrical sounds at all). I also have several monitors which don't have particularly high quality speakers but also don't have any electrical sound issues.
In most cases it's problem with grounding, contacts, wire etc.

S1W

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
Does the same thing happen if you connect earphones to your pc?
Nope. I have a headset I use just fine with no electrical noise at all on my pc. It is just the soundbar and only when the soundbar is connected to the PC (doesn't make the noise when jacked into my laptop).