Speaker placement with dual monitors

Yo_ehh

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Where would i place my speakers for my dual monitors. The monitors arent at an equal angle for each, but i have one as primary directly in front then another at a 45 degree angle. I do care about apperances which is why im asking

Solution
Well, for symmetry one on each, far end would probably be the best.
From a usage standpoint though, having one on either side of the primary monitor might sound better to you, instead of having audio on one side being further away than the other.

I dont see a "wrong" choice here, so give it a try both ways.
Well, for symmetry one on each, far end would probably be the best.
From a usage standpoint though, having one on either side of the primary monitor might sound better to you, instead of having audio on one side being further away than the other.

I dont see a "wrong" choice here, so give it a try both ways.

Solution
As per above, you should attempt to place them such that you are in the MIDDLE otherwise one speaker will be too loud.

Appearance is a personal thing.

Based on what you've said I'd put one on either side of the MAIN monitor, angled slightly towards you, and if necessary place them on their SIDES if the other monitor would otherwise be in the way.

If you want more specifics just google "PC speaker placement" but apart from not placing speakers too close to the wall (depending on size/wattage) I can't think of much else that matters.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Both Windows and Realtek have room correction, can adjust distance and volume for individual speakers.

78458de3-0a05-46ea-a177-e7cca90039b0

Can also be done in Windows > playback devices > speaker > properties > enhancements > check room correction > setting