Question Speaker problem with AOC 27" monitor

Albie2351

Honorable
Dec 27, 2015
I have been trying to get speakers on my AOC Q2778VQE monitor to work. The monitor is attached to my PC by HDMI and when I connect headphones into the monitor I can hear the sound but as soon those headphones are removed as deafening silence.

In my sound settings I have :-
  • Digital audio (S /PDIF) (2 high definition audio device )
  • 2270W (Nvidia high definition audio device) (why that should be there I don’t know because that monitor has no speakers and is connected by VGA)
  • Speakers (4 Sennheiser USB headset)
  • Speakers (2 high definition audio device)
  • 2778 (Nvidia high definition audio) Thisis the monitor I’m trying to get working and is set as default.

I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that the speakers are faulty but wonder if anyone has any suggestions.

I am trying to cut out item no 4 to give me some more shelf space.

Please explain: Trying to get speakers to work / that monitor has no speakers. (how do we make something work that does not exist)
How are you getting audio to the monitor? VGA has no audio.
HDMI will transfer audio though - select as output in audio control panel.
Now where are the headphones plugged in as the monitor has no speakers

Reactions: Quanticriver

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To repeat Mtop's points:
(a) where are the headphones plugged in? You say into the monitor, and then they work. But the monitor itself can NOT produce sound?

(b) the reviews I read say this monitor has NO speakers. So it cannot give you sound that way. It DOES have an earphone jack so you can hear that way only.

For sound to the monitor you need to set the sound output to HDMI that funny nividia selection you mentioned. not sure if the USB sound will still work or your speakers as I can only select 1 sound output. (Motherboard chip)

Albie2351

Honorable
Dec 27, 2015
I do have sound set to HDMI as default and AOC Q2778VUE attached by HDMI
There are the following connections on the bottom of the monitor Power, VGA, DVI, DP, HDMI Audio and earphone. There is also a volume control.
When I plug an earphone in the socket on the monitor the sound if fine BUT unplugging it there is nothing I am therefor assuming the speaker circuit is faulty, why else is there a volume control is threre any way to attach a pdf manual?

I do have sound set to HDMI as default and AOC Q2778VUE attached by HDMI
There are the following connections on the bottom of the monitor Power, VGA, DVI, DP, HDMI Audio and earphone. There is also a volume control.
When I plug an earphone in the socket on the monitor the sound if fine BUT unplugging it there is nothing I am therefor assuming the speaker circuit is faulty, why else is there a volume control is threre any way to attach a pdf manual?
Can you post any direct link about that monitor that shows it has any speakers in it ? If there's no speakers it cant have sound all by itself.