spec of pc build checking

wrx fifer

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hi i have built many a system over the years, however i have some older parts lying around, but still good parts imo, and just wanted to check what folk either thought of it as a spec or if they thought anything i should possibly change anything, as still to get memory but have the rest sitting here, will be put in silverstone HTPC case i have here with tv card and blu ray drive etc already there
motherboard: ASUS crosshair III Formula rog board
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055t 2.8ghz 125w version
GRAPHICS: POWERCOLOR AMD Radeon HD7870 myst edition
PSU: Corsair cx750w
MEMORY: 8gb ddr 3 1333 hyper-x 2x 4gb for dual channel (not bought yet)
aftermarket low profile cpu cooler (not bought yet??)

Solution
If you arent realy thinking about spending too much on the case, there are a lot of great choices out there like the fractal node 605, corsair graphite, the fractal arc mini, and something sexy like the inwin 905 i think. personally i think the inwin fits on every environment and wouldn't even look out of place in a living room. There is of course the arc mini which should do you justice with the budget and everything you need.

wrx fifer

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hi and thanks for the reply, an you are right this Silverstone LC16M case can only take up to around 8.5" in length due to the center dvd drive location, and this cards is over 10" in length double width and as you say is a pretty beefy card.
Have spent many hours trying to decide what CPU cooling would be best and have just bit the bullet due to not being able to find what i want in every aspect so just ordered the Corsair Hydro H55 AOI water cooling system seems to be not bad from reviews and have advertised my HTPC case and just going to now hunt for another case (tower style/ gaming style) however that just leaves another long debate of what should i get thats going to work as still a living room media style pc, that can take full size everything basically, but also not huge and needs to look stylish so god knows?

hennybeartech

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
If you arent realy thinking about spending too much on the case, there are a lot of great choices out there like the fractal node 605, corsair graphite, the fractal arc mini, and something sexy like the inwin 905 i think. personally i think the inwin fits on every environment and wouldn't even look out of place in a living room. There is of course the arc mini which should do you justice with the budget and everything you need.

Solution