Question Specific Fan profiles for certain applications.

coolgez75

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Alright, so I have a 360mm push pull in the front of my case for my 2700x running an oc. Under most loads when gaming. It barely gets hot at all unless I'm rendering.

Because I run the fans at such a slow speed I feel like I'm chocking my GPU of cool air.

So just wondering if there's a software that will bump up the radiator fans while a game or 3D application is running to keep things running cool inside the case?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not really. What you can do, though, is force the radiator (intake) fans to run faster even if the CPU temperature does not require that. The configuration screen for the CPU cooler system MAY be what the mobo's CPU_FAN header does, OR it MAY be done by a separate software utility supplied with your AIO liquid cooling system (e.g., iCue from Corsair if you have a Corsair AIO system). Whichever is doing that control, look at its details. VERY often it is using a default group of settings, but you also have the option to define custom settings under the heading "Manual" or "Custom", etc. Basically this is a "graph" or table of what speed the fans (on the rad) should run at for various measured temperatures in the CPU chip. You can set it to run faster that "normal" at several of the lower temperatures, then remember to save those new settings so they will be used always. Although this may slightly "over-cool" the CPU, that is not a problem. But it will mean more fresh air intake through the front radiator.

coolgez75

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Not really. What you can do, though, is force the radiator (intake) fans to run faster even if the CPU temperature does not require that. The configuration screen for the CPU cooler system MAY be what the mobo's CPU_FAN header does, OR it MAY be done by a separate software utility supplied with your AIO liquid cooling system (e.g., iCue from Corsair if you have a Corsair AIO system). Whichever is doing that control, look at its details. VERY often it is using a default group of settings, but you also have the option to define custom settings under the heading "Manual" or "Custom", etc. Basically this is a "graph" or table of what speed the fans (on the rad) should run at for various measured temperatures in the CPU chip. You can set it to run faster that "normal" at several of the lower temperatures, then remember to save those new settings so they will be used always. Although this may slightly "over-cool" the CPU, that is not a problem. But it will mean more fresh air intake through the front radiator.
Thanks for the reply.
I'll look into what I have access to. With the mobo there's some utilities I can try to experiment with and if I remember correctly I can set the fans to react to different temp nodes. Luckily I can install custom probes. Only thing I couldn't work out in the past is where to place one of these nodes on my GPU as to take a temp reading I can use for the graph. Sorry in advance if that's vague