Sphericam 2 4K 360-Degree Video Camera Kickstarter: Funded

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherBrain

Reputable
May 7, 2015
"Sphericam claimed that the camera can film in full 360-degrees without any blind spots, and without any visible stitching. "

"Sphericam 2 will have a number of accessories as well, such as the removable legs that the company said are invisible to the camera"

I'll take this to mean invisible legs? LOL. anyway, it will be fun to see how this pans out

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
there is visible stitching in the video... it may be my computer, but the frame rate of that video was horrible too... also, it may be youtube's encoding, but wow was that a horrible looking video to boot. all for the price of 1500$ or 1700$... not a chance.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
So the resolution of each camera falls in between 720p and 1080p if the total is 4k? Hopefully, because currently, 360 degree videos on youtube fall under 360p

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015
"Sphericam claimed that the camera can film in full 360-degrees without any blind spots, and without any visible stitching. "

"Sphericam 2 will have a number of accessories as well, such as the removable legs that the company said are invisible to the camera"

I'll take this to mean invisible legs? LOL. anyway, it will be fun to see how this pans out

It's not invisible legs. You can see the legs in one of the pictures, the black spike things.
they are positioned and shaped so that the camera looks past them.

there is visible stitching in the video... it may be my computer, but the frame rate of that video was horrible too... also, it may be youtube's encoding, but wow was that a horrible looking video to boot. all for the price of 1500$ or 1700$... not a chance.

Really? I didn't see any stitching and it was running at 60fps for me. Did you run it at the highest resolution on Youtube?

So the resolution of each camera falls in between 720p and 1080p if the total is 4k? Hopefully, because currently, 360 degree videos on youtube fall under 360p

Each camera is 4k, and each visibile frame will be in 4K. The total resolution is significantly higher than 4K.

MotherBrain

Reputable
May 7, 2015

I am humorously pointing out that you cannot have full 360deg view with no blind spots and have feet that are invisible to the camera at the same time. full 360 deg view in this case is because the view converges beyond the scope of the camera's feet, something the camera makers gloss over (perhaps rightfully so, I am not condemning/condoning, just chilling on tom's hardware)

thanks for the info though ;)

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[quote
It's not invisible legs. You can see the legs in one of the pictures, the black spike things.
they are positioned and shaped so that the camera looks past them.
[/quotemsg]

I am humorously pointing out that you cannot have full 360deg view with no blind spots and have feet that are invisible to the camera at the same time. full 360 deg view in this case is because the view converges beyond the scope of the camera's feet, something the camera makers gloss over (perhaps rightfully so, I am not condemning/condoning, just chilling on tom's hardware)

thanks for the info though ;)[/quote]

The camera does have blind spots, yes, that size, at that range. Bear in mind the viewing angles on any standard camera sensor isn't 180*. So that in mind there are dead spots, at ranges no one would want to shoot video at.

Status
Not open for further replies.