[SOLVED] Spilled water on my computer, everything works fine though, why?

May 23, 2020
I spilled some water on my computer two days ago. The only thing the water seemed to have got on was my GPU but the plate cover caught most of the water, so it didn't touch any of the circuits besides a few tiny drops. I let it dry for a couple of days and turned my computer on its side for it to drain. After I booted it up and went to task manager my CPU usage was at 100% for a few seconds then it fluctuated between 30%-70% for a few minutes. My GPU seems to work fine also. Also for some reason my CPU was overclocked, which I've never overclocked my CPU. After I turned overclocking off everything seems to work fine, I'm just unsure if it actually is working.

Solution
In order for water to short out and destroy the circuits and the board, it has to be water with good conductivity and must touch at least one high voltage circuit and one low voltage circuit, causing it to fry. It sounds like very little got on the board. Another thing to note is that even though you can see many of the circuits on the board, most of them are under a layer of silicon, protecting them. The most vulnerable thing, really, is the capacitors and other parts that have exposed connections.

eastonco

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
In order for water to short out and destroy the circuits and the board, it has to be water with good conductivity and must touch at least one high voltage circuit and one low voltage circuit, causing it to fry. It sounds like very little got on the board. Another thing to note is that even though you can see many of the circuits on the board, most of them are under a layer of silicon, protecting them. The most vulnerable thing, really, is the capacitors and other parts that have exposed connections.

Solution
May 23, 2020
Do you have any explanation for why my CPU was acting the way it did?

eastonco

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Do you have any explanation for why my CPU was acting the way it did?

That sounds like a typical windows startup to me. If you abruptly turned the PC off without proper shutdown it was probably working to restore prior sessions of applications, depending on your OS version and such.