Spilt Orange Juice on my Blackwidow 2013

UnicornGasm

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
It’s a pretty old keyboard but I’ve become attached to it. I spilt the juice on two keys, and immediately unplugged the keyboard. After thinking the juice missed my keyboard, I plugged it back in. The keyboard started inputting random things and some keys (near the 2 keys on the bottom left of the keyboard) were not working. What should I do? Should I dry it out or is it too late? Can I save my keyboard?
Thanks for the help

Solution
If you can open it up without damaging it, then you can give it a more thorough cleaning with alcohol and a q-tip. You may be able to remove the keycaps and clean under those as well. Worse case you can do as techphantom says and replace the switches or PCB...although replacing the PCB is probably not worth it.
If you can open it up without damaging it, then you can give it a more thorough cleaning with alcohol and a q-tip. You may be able to remove the keycaps and clean under those as well. Worse case you can do as techphantom says and replace the switches or PCB...although replacing the PCB is probably not worth it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS