[Sponsored] Win A Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Graphics Card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomshardware isn't the only one giving away the graphics card. In fact I think their largest branch is in Germany so if Tomshardware would give it away they would be more likely to do a Europe exclusive than a USA exclusive. A different company is sponsoring it.

"The official Sweepstakes Sponsor is BestofMedia, LLC (DBA "Purch") ("Purch"), 9696 Culver Blvd., Suite 104, Culver City, CA 90232, USA."

That is straight off the entry page. In other words, they are the one paying at least most of the cost of the GPU. Tomshardware is just telling people so that they can enter the contest, and Gigabyte might of given them a discount or just agreed to be associated with it. Stop complaining you can't enter and thinking Tomshardware and these other companies are racist, hateful, or care nothing about your respective countries just because you can't enter the contest.

fkr

Splendid
I wonder what percent of the discrete GPU sales are made in N America. When I try and help others who are not in the states it can be difficult to find products. There just does not seem to be that robust of a market for things like newegg and amazon. I realize that this is all changing with the asia starting really get into gaming more. I just figured that they would give stuff away to the market that spends the most. I do not see many people from Africa complaining about the contest rules.

blue17echo

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014

as a point, purch is the company that also owns tom's hardware

That doesn't really mean anything. Bungie was owned by Microsoft and they bought themselves from Microsoft and now produce games for Playstation also.
More to the point Tomshardware is the company owned by Purch, so I'm sure when Purch said "We want to give away a graphics card to a user on your website in the USA." that the people in charge of Tomshardware came back with "You make it world wide or you can go shove that graphics card up your racist @%$.". That seems a lot more likely than just doing what the company that owns them told them to do and being happy they are doing it.

Again the chances are that they chose just the USA cause they are in the USA and don't want to deal with international shipping and it has nothing to do with racism or not caring about other countries.

They are accepting entries for another half hour about since they are Pacific time zone. They probably won't announce the winner for a few days, because they will likely pick someone randomly using a program, then email that person, then if they answer announce the winner. Its funny that some times people win and don't answer lol. Chances are when they do announce the winner though, they will post or update something here, or make a new thread in the forum or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.