Question Srsly Burn out 7700K wont stable in 1.32v 4.2ghz

Jul 20, 2020
in 2018 i bought my 7700K , the retailer FORGET to remove the plastic layer from the surface of my water cooler...
AFTER A WHOLE YEAR I FINALLY DISCOVERED THIS ISSUE
i wasn't able to boot my computer in AUTO voltage mode
Then i tried set my voltage to 1.38v to boot 4.5ghz but its not very stable ((( (my computer wont stable if i dont run R6:S) (Temp is arround 80c )
And i finally remove that cheesy plastic layer , and my CPU is srsly worn out
what should i do ? i really dont want to spend another 300 dollars to buy a new cpu ...

Now i boot my 7700k at 4.2Ghz in 1.32v((Not very stable)) , is there any other way to stable my CPU and Squeeze my clock further little bit ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include a picture to show what you're referring to as the plastic on the CPU cooler? Are you referring to the copper baseplate that makes contact with the CPU IHS? IF so, what sort of temps was the CPU running prior to this discovery? FYI, 1.32v is not what you need, more like 1.25v max.

Please include/list your specs like so:
PSU:
Mos;erboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Reactions: hkpoor_guy
Jul 20, 2020
" Are you referring to the copper baseplate that makes contact with the CPU IHS"
-Yes, Exactly . I shouldve double check my PC soon as i get them , years of lifespan of cpu was shortened.
(Removing my water cooler take tons of time ... sorrry man)

Specs
PSU: 750i gold Corsair
Mos;erboard: Z270E rog strix
Ram: 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz (overclock to 2933)
SSD/HDD: Samsung 960Pro
GPU:ROG 1080 ti OC (2years old,used to mining for 1 week)(Kind of burn out too , Must underclock to stable )
PSU: