SSD isn't recognized until I unplug/plug back in power to it?

Dynamike_36

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Alright, so I just purchased a 256gb OCZ Agility 4 SSD. I plugged it into the Sata6Gb/s port with a SATA 6 cable. I initialized the hard drive and gave it a letter (E: ). Everything is great until I turn off the computer and get back on later, the SSD is not found in 'My Computer'. So I restart the computer, get into the BIOS and the SSD isn't recognized, fine. I power off the computer, disconnect the power to my SSD and plug it back in. After entering the BIOS again, it is recognized and is found under My Computer when Im running Windows 7 64-bit.

So my question is how do I get the SSD to be recognized without me having to go through this every time I want to start up my computer? So far I don't have any files on it because its brand new, but I do have a 128gb OCZ vertex4 as my primary drive.

Dynamike_36

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I doubt its a bad cable, however my MOBO's BIOS does need an update..I'll do that and let you guys know what happens. Lots of people have had problems with this exact SSD so I hope its not a faulty one!

Also, I thought about updating the firmware of the agility4 SSD, but the update is for both Agility 4 and Vertex 4, which I currently have both so I dont want to accidentally update the vertex 4 and lose all my stuff

Dynamike_36

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Alright, well I updated my BIOS and it still woudn't show up, however after updating the firmware for the agility4, it seems to show up every time I turn on the computer. Thanks for your suggestions and help!

TRENDING THREADS