Question SSD issues - What to do in the future

Nov 6, 2023
Hello, I hope I posted this in the right section.

My SSD dissapeared earlier and this was seemingly harder to fix than my other times (happened once or twice before, but it was usually fixed with a computer restart or unplugging and replugging).

I bought this SSD 2 months ago, it's a Kingston A400 960GB SATA III.

I have one more exact copy of these that I bought 1 year and a few months ago and I've never had any issues with it.

This one on the other hand as I said has had a few issues already.

So to get onto the latest issue - I was making a recording and suddenly my recording software stopped responding and then when I checked the drive in "This PC" section, I could not see the space allocated to it anymore. It would take a long while to load.
Shortly after, it dissapeared altogether. When I went in Disk Management I had to initialize it and I would get "A device which does not exist was specified".
Unplugging and replugging didn't do anything this time.
I have swapped the cables between my 2 SSDs and there haven't been issues yet at the time of writing this (although I am writing this just after the occurance, so maybe I will have more issues after I post) and it seems that the issue has been temporarily fixed, I was trying to see if the cable was at fault but now I'm confused.

Another issue I've had with it for example is when downloading a game through Steam I would sometimes get "DISK WRITE ERROR".

So with all the details I've tried to provide what could possibly be the issue at hand?
From CrystalDisk checking the SSD that has been giving me issues is at 99% health.
When I checked with "wmic diskdrive get status” in command prompt I got the OKs instantly.

If you need me to provide something else please let me know, I want this SSD hell to be over already lol

Nov 6, 2023
Unfortunately I was reckless and I think just threw everything when I got the package as I already have one of these products I was clueless and thought there would be no issues so I might be unable to, I'll have to see since I've never had to return any product until now.
If I'm unable to thankfully it wasn't too expensive, if I have to buy another one and can't return it do you recommend any other SSDs?

Nov 6, 2023
Also one more thing I could add I guess is that it only has failed in these conditions of recording, while downloading it has never ever dissapeared, I could just resume the download after the disk write error on steam.
While playing games that are installed on it there are no issues either, just with the recordings lol