[SOLVED] SSD not detected after laptop going to sleep/hibernate

andrew.montilla

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Y7000 2019 with a micron SSD and for some reason I get a boot device not detected which I'm pretty sure happens when the system goes to sleep/hibernate as I don't encounter it when I'm using the machine. Switching off/on immediately detects the SSD and will boot normally.

I already tried a couple of solutions found on the internet and I'm not sure if it made any difference but I encountered it again last night:
  • setting turn off harddisk to never in power management
  • updating bios through Lenovo vantage
  • Changing UEFI to Legacy mode (and vice versa) in bios

The thing is the issue is not consistent, there are times when I can leave the laptop overnight without encountering the issue.

Solution
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Y7000 2019 with a micron SSD and for some reason I get a boot device not detected which I'm pretty sure happens when the system goes to sleep/hibernate as I don't encounter it when I'm using the machine. Switching off/on immediately detects the SSD and will boot normally.

I already tried a couple of solutions found on the internet and I'm not sure if it made any difference but I encountered it again last night:
The thing is the issue is not consistent, there are times when I can leave the laptop overnight without encountering the issue.
Try...
Hi,

Try changing all settings for power to max preformance

Solution

andrew.montilla

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
Try changing all settings for power to max preformance
Hi Sorry, but I don't see any other power plans on my settings aside from Balanced

D7F43LJ.png