Question SSD not detected in Windows until manual refresh!

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I have a Gigabyte X570 Gamming X, latest bios and drivers, and a clean install , with 2x 2TB HDD in Raid 0 , a 512 GB Sata SSD as boot , a 3rd 2TB SATA HDD and another 1TB SATA SSD as well, now my problem is that the 1TB SSD(Patriot Burst) keeps disappearing after each reboot, in the bios it's detected properly. But not in Windows 10 Pro 64bit... If I run a rescan in RAIDXpert2 it's detected , this is annoying to say the least...

The only think i thought of to mitigate this is running the rescan via command line but it's still not a proper solution IMHO.

Any ideas?

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Check for a firmware update for the Burst.
When it's not detected in windows, does it show up in Device Manager? Disk Management?
Sorry for the late reply , work kept me busy.
So the Patriot Burst is on the latest version of the firmware, so is the EVO 850 Pro.
The drive is not detected initially in device manager, (RAIDXpert2 is detecting it properly when accessed via the web UI) but after like 10-15 secs you can hear the Windows 10 chime for connected device and then a refresh in the device manager detects it.
Also the drive was functioning without any issues on my old Asus Z97-C , the sata controllers were in Raid there as well ...

I've checked all drivers are current. All windows updates are installed. The drive is detected in Bios under the raid menu, and normally if i switch back to AHCI. Also I did a fresh install with the SATA controller in AHCI mode and the drive was detected normally. Funnily neider Samsung Magician nor the Phison Tool Box is working properly when AMD Raid is enabled, drives are not properly detected. Samsung Magician won't allow any of the V-nand typical SSD operations, health and other info is not available. Tho it does detect drive names/brands. Phison Tool Box won't even detect the Burst.

I'll try getting some more variety of SSD's to see if this persists or if this is a Phison / Patriot burst issue.