[SOLVED] Ssd not detected!

mzsystem

Prominent
May 5, 2020
I recently bought an Adata xpg spectrix s40g ssd but it not listed in bios but there is a realtek rts5762 nvme 250mb(controller) shows up in bios and also listed in windows disk management
Is my ssd damaged or what?!
Motherboard x370-f bios ver 5406
Any help would be much appreciated...

Ralston18

Titan
Hopefully not damage. Just a misconfiguration.

Use the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to double check the installation(s).

SATA ports can be and are pre-empted.

Read the notes, the fine print, and check the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Details matter.

I recently bought an Adata xpg spectrix s40g ssd but it not listed in bios but there is a realtek rts5762 nvme 250mb(controller) shows up in bios and also listed in windows disk management
What cpu are you using?
With some cpus (AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors) your board supports sata M.2 drives only.

If the drive appears in Disk Management, then you have to initialize it first, then partition and format it, before it can be used.

mzsystem

Prominent
May 5, 2020
Please check & try to fix the below issue and hopefully your drive will be recognized:

1. Initialize your SSD in case if it is not initialized.
  2. Assign a drive letter to your SSD.
  3. Check if the SSD file system is supported by Windows or not.
  4. Check if the SSD disk driver installed properly or not.
What cpu are you using?
With some cpus (AMD 7th Generation A-series/Athlon™ Processors) your board supports sata M.2 drives only.

If the drive appears in Disk Management, then you have to initialize it first, then partition and format it, before it can be used.
I have ryzen3 2200g,
Only ssd controller realtek rts5762 nvme 250mb(controller)

mzsystem

Prominent
May 5, 2020
Hopefully not damage. Just a misconfiguration.

Use the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to double check the installation(s).

SATA ports can be and are pre-empted.

Read the notes, the fine print, and check the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Details matter.
Thanks for reply i already checked installation user manual i will check that again

the rgb lights of ssd are on and ssd controller detected by bios and listed in devices as realtek rts5762 nvme 250mb(controller).