[SOLVED] SSD Not In Bios

Reverendstu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I recently had to do a clean installation of windows onto my machine.

Before the installation, my main SSD, my secondary drive, and my CD drive were all listed in bios since I needed to boot from a CD and needed to change my boot sequence.

Now, after the installation, my main SSD is not listed but a Windows Boot Manager is in the first slot followed by my secondary HDD and then the CD drive in my BIOS boot sequence.

Once I boot up, Windows shows the Micron SSD I have since it is the boot drive.

How can I fix my BIOS to where the Windows Boot Manager is taken put and replaced with my actual main drive?

Solution
I think you're fine. You may be missing reading the full boot option see if you can check it in BIOS. For example, my bios setting shows as follows: "Windows Boot Manager (M.2_1: addlink M.2 PCIE G3x4 NVME) (512 GB)"

My boot drive is the addlink M.2 drive as noted in the parenthesis above. Should list your drive name after Windows Boot Manager on the same option line.

Reverendstu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Lots of misinformation going around on this one since people expect the old windows Legacy BIOS standard, but quote from the link below is here (end of the thread):

In UEFI the Windows Boot Manager must always be first in Boot Priority because it alone boots Windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/76f98b7d-f3eb-4ac6-aafc-0196d4d0a2e6?page=2
I read that thread and there is a difference between that user's situation and my own. In my boot sequence, it lists the Windows Boot Manager as priority one, my secondary hard drive as second, and third is my CD drive. It doesn't even list my Micron SSD. But it will boot up fine to that Micron SSD since that is the drive with the OS on it. But, before this reformat, it would list my Micron, then secondary drive, then my CD drive.

So, I'm trying to figure out if anything is wrong.

last_intel_guy

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
I think you're fine. You may be missing reading the full boot option see if you can check it in BIOS. For example, my bios setting shows as follows: "Windows Boot Manager (M.2_1: addlink M.2 PCIE G3x4 NVME) (512 GB)"

My boot drive is the addlink M.2 drive as noted in the parenthesis above. Should list your drive name after Windows Boot Manager on the same option line.

Solution