[SOLVED] SSD not showing after CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

rodres268

Reputable
Feb 7, 2019
Hello, I built this PC less than a month ago. These days, I have been playing TF2, but I usually stop every hour and a half for personal reasons, suspend the PC, then after 15 minutes I return to the PC. But today something happend, after I suspended the PC and returned, I closedTF2 and opened youtube, seconds after that the screen froze and I got a blue error message, I didn't take a picture but I'm sure it was something about CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and it said that it was repairing, but it never went past 0%, then PC shuts down, and restarted, but it took me to the BIOS menu, I was really scared, inmediatly, I searched that CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED problem with my smartphone and I read some info, some say that it may happen when you suspend and turn on the PC many times, like I did. Then, from the BIOS I restarded the PC, but it took me to the same BIOS menu, I decided to verify my components, and noticed my only SSD didn't show, my heart stopped, then I restarted the PC pushing the power botton 5 seconds but same result, I searched a little more about the problem in my smartphne and it read that it could be solved if I turn off the PC and turn off the PSU, I did that and then the PC started normaly, windows loaded correctly and all my files/games/info were intact. Since then, I'm not suspending my PC anymore.
PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
RAM: HyperX Predator RGB 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz
MOBO: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI
SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB
PSU: XPG Core Reactor 850W
CASE: MSI MAG FORGE 100R

Solution
Critical Process died is an error that occurs if one of a number of critical windows processes fail. It isn't just one thing, it can be a number of files.
Some relate to logon
Some relate to booting
Some relate to your user
there are too many to name and say - this is it. but we can try to fix it.

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

in case it happens again
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Critical Process died is an error that occurs if one of a number of critical windows processes fail. It isn't just one thing, it can be a number of files.
Some relate to logon
Some relate to booting
Some relate to your user
there are too many to name and say - this is it. but we can try to fix it.

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

in case it happens again
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

most bsod caused by old drivers, I would check you have latest.

check health of drive - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Solution

TRENDING THREADS