Question SSD severely underperforming.

popatim

Titan
Your screen shot only shows 2 icons of the benchmark...

As for the issue, It "sounds" like you have it connected to Sata2 ports instead of Sata3
or, you have an older system that has a Marvel Sata3 controller, which is often not even as fast as the chipset Sata2 ports.

effable

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Need some help here guys, I have 2 SSDS and an HDD, my 2 ssds out of nowhere are extremely slow in 4K Benchmarks (much worse then before) and they are like 60% empty. Any help?
My Q32T1 speeds are meant to be 700/700 and being half full I'd want at-least 400/400 which I actually achieve in safe mode and it's both my SSDS getting cut by half in that workload without safe mode. Any help? (I get 200/200)

effable

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Need some help here guys, I have 2 SSDS and an HDD, my 2 ssds out of nowhere are extremely slow in 4K Benchmarks (much worse then before) and they are like 60% empty. Any help?
My Q32T1 speeds are meant to be 700/700 and being half full I'd want at-least 400/400 which I actually achieve in safe mode and it's both my SSDS getting cut by half in that workload without safe mode. Any help? (I get 200/200)

Zoel.fahmi

Upstanding
Dec 27, 2019
FULL specifications of your SSD

Software and drivers have been updating many times and I already reinstalled and cloned with Acronis.

By more details I meant: SSD models and overall hardware of the system. By drivers and Acronis I didn't mean to update/backup, but rather that recently installed drivers/software can impact performance and specifically Acronis's agent (runs on startup in background) can tank SSD performance. I mention it because a reader of mine at Reddit recently stated that an update of Acronis had impacted his SSD benchmark scores. As for Windows Driver Verifier, another user lost 4K performance from having it enabled, it's off in safe mode - in fact if your performance is fine in safe mode, chances are high it's a software-based issue.

effable

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
another warning. stop spamming
Alrighty hello guys, I have 2 ssds and an HDD. One of the SSDS randomly started getting dog 4K speeds which I assumed meant it was degrading but after buying a brand new SN750 it was the same . I tried everything and the one thing that KIND of worked was uninstalling ACRONIS Software which boosted my 4k speed by +100 (from 250 to 350) but this is a NVME ssd and those speeds are meant to be at around 600-700. Considering my SSD is half full i'd expect around 500 but not 300. Any suggestions??