SSD size Skyrim + Windows 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Littlebro

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Ok, I think I'll let the idea of the SSD go for now. I'll just wait and see. Thanks everyone for the replies!!! :)

Topic closed?

ablueman

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Just out of interest you can and probably should redirect those folders to your main disk drive. That way you keep a nice clean install and any "data" would be on your drive, which you can then back up so all relevant data is safe.

jesot

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008

You can install games from Steam on whatever disk you want. It asks you before installing. I have a 64GB SSD setup with Steam & Windows running on it with all of my Steam games installed on my 3TB HDD.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

You can but that defeats the purpose of having an SSD (at least for gaming)...which is what the OP wanted to improve (the read speeds in Skyrim).

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

The thread is dead anyways (a few months old)...and I'm not in an arguing mood. But that statement got posted in the thread already (choosing which path you want to install you games at)...and proceeds by saying *all* games were installed on a 4TB HDD (which is not efficient as far as reading game textures, etc.). We've also determined that 64GB is too small for both Skyrim and the OS. So...thread should have been closed a long time ago.