SSD Storage Issues

Jun 5, 2018
I just bought a new ssd, and for whatever reason when I install new files to the new ssd, it shows up as the data is being stored on my windows boot ssd, instead of my new ssd. I have installed games to my ssd that I just bought, and it looks like my primary ssd is getting populated instead of my secondary, even though the files still show up in my secondary ssd. All the files in my secondary ssd show up, but it shows that my first ssd is losing space. What gives...QQ

fredfinks

Honorable
Unfortunately programs want to shove their ancillary data to your C: drive. This is normal for games, theyll create folders for save & config files etc. This wont take up much space apart from some games with many save files (can run into hundreds of megs or a gigabytes).

The problem you have to be careful with is programs that by default, want to store your working data there. Itunes for a crappy program exaample. Make a backup of you phone or whatever and hey it stores it by default on C:

Every program you install (dont worry about games though), go to options/settings/tools and go through and change the default working folders (if they are on c: to a location of your choice.

Example : Chrome browser. Downloads is in c:....users\appdata bla blah. I change it to e:\downloads
Do this everytime you install a program.