[SOLVED] ssd upgrade

Solution
Unless you're going to use this as a secondary drive, don't.
Just get a regular 2.5" SATA III SSD.

A Z77 board almost certainly can't boot from a drive in an adapter like that.

micmacjohn

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
Unless you're going to use this as a secondary drive, don't.
Just get a regular 2.5" SATA III SSD.

A Z77 board almost certainly can't boot from a drive in an adapter like that.
i was just unsure cause the apb 3.0 slot on the board is only listed as the x16. the other slots on the board are listed as agp 2.0. on the currrent computer it would just be storage and backup. mostly to replace an older spinning drive 1tb 7200 rpm hdd. i would imagine the current ssd i use as boot would still be quick for boot but all the games/productivity stuff on the drive would go up in speed. i appriciate your answer and thanks for helping me out

USAFRet

Titan
i was just unsure cause the apb 3.0 slot on the board is only listed as the x16. the other slots on the board are listed as agp 2.0. on the currrent computer it would just be storage and backup. mostly to replace an older spinning drive 1tb 7200 rpm hdd. i would imagine the current ssd i use as boot would still be quick for boot but all the games/productivity stuff on the drive would go up in speed. i appriciate your answer and thanks for helping me out
For that use, a WD Black NVMe drive in an adapter is overkill. and would not go to its rated NVMe speed.
Unless you already have that drive, a standard 2.5" SSD will do just fine.