Question SSD usages 100 % then BSOD while playing any game

Mar 21, 2024
Hello Everyone.

Everything started with a BSOD while playing a game on Windows 10 ( CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED though every time i see new errors or same). After restarting , it showing no bootable device found then i checked the BIOS and found out my SSD is not showing up in BIOS.

I never faced this issue earlier. I have been using this ssd for 15 months.

After that, i hard pressed the power button to shut it down and started again now its booting fine. To find the actual problem, i started playing game while looking at the task manager performance section and found out my SSD usages is going to 100% whenever i start any game.

Then i updated BIOS and also updated my windows to 11 but the issue isn't solved.

Tried all the SFC and cleanup-image restore health commands. SFC doesn't get any error when i start my pc freshly. but after getting BSOD it get some error and solves them.

CrystalDiskInfo says the drive is good 95%.

My config:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
MOBO: GIGABYTE X570S AORUS PRO AX
SSD: HP EX900 M.2 250 GB
PSU: CORSAIR CV650 80+ BRONZE
RAM: G-SKILL RIPJAWS-V 16GB 3600MHZ DDR4 *2
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

I would highly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Edit: It again occurred when i tried to backup my C drive.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Everything started with a BSOD while playing a game on Windows 10 ( CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED though every time i see new errors or same). After restarting , it showing no bootable device found then i checked the BIOS and found out my SSD is not showing up in BIOS.
windows has no control over the bios. If the ssd isn't showing there, its probably a bad ssd

Critical process died BSOD refers to exclusively windows files. Many BSOD caused by drivers, this one caused when a Microsoft file crashes. There are many files that can cause this, they are wide ranging but some are related to boot process.

How old is the drive? I would consider buying a new one even if its reporting fine. The problem could be a physical one that software isn't seeing. 250gb isn't that big anymore, better to get a bigger drive that doesn't randomly disappear. Can use 250gb as storage.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS