Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotahorse24

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
I have a Asus X450JF running win 10 pro, with a Crucial BX200 SSD. Last night I went to try and get on it, and it booted straight to the bios, after t/s found it still recognized the SSD however it has been wiped, like if I have another pc look at it, it has all unallocated space like it's brand new. I do have my laptop set to turn on a few programs at midnight then shutdown at 5am (due to satellite connection and unlimited data at those times). Have never had an issue. My first thoughts lead to a virus, not sure if it was a hardware malfunction or not.

Any ideas? I am lucky some files are backed up, but now need to hunt drivers again.

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Keep a copy of MiniTool Power Data Recovery and MiniTool Partition Magic version 9.1 on a usb and a dvd boot. Other threads indicate these tools have come in handy for restoration or recovery of partitions and/or folders and files.

dakotahorse24

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
When looking at Crucial Storage Executive, it said it was healthy. Going to give hard drive sentinel a shot.... Where can I find the Partition magic 9.1, I actually have version 10.

dakotahorse24

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
So pulled it up in mini tool, and thank heaven everything is still there, just my laptop wont boot it. It now says boot manager is missing instead of straight to bios, finally got the win 10 ISO, so going to try a startup repair, if that doesn't work guess back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.