CaseyRedDragon

Honorable
Sep 29, 2014
I'm putting in a SATA SSD in my laptop and I wanted to know what SSD has the lowest power usage so I can increase my battey life. It uses a 2.5 SATA SSD. I have been looking around but there isn't really a good comparison of the power usage of different SSDs. From what I have found so far it seems that for battery life I should get a Samasung 860 EVO or a SanDisk SSD. Any help would be great on which SSD to get for battery life.

Solution
The amount of power a standard SSD uses is irrelevant to battery drain given that most SSDs only draw between .5-3 watts (thats pwer hour) depending on usage.

The biggest power draw will still be the screen by far. Want to increase battery life, turn the screen down to the lowest brightness that is usable.
The amount of power a standard SSD uses is irrelevant to battery drain given that most SSDs only draw between .5-3 watts (thats pwer hour) depending on usage.

The biggest power draw will still be the screen by far. Want to increase battery life, turn the screen down to the lowest brightness that is usable.

Solution