[SOLVED] Ssd with windows always att 100%

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
The ssd ive installed windows on is always at 100% and will dip to 0 for a few second and then rush to 100% again. I tried to reinstall windows but nothing changed

Solution
How do i test it?

This can vary wildly based on various factors.

If you are on Win 10 there are a couple of things that can be utilized there. Type "optimize" or "storage" in your search engine and explore those options.

Your drive manufacturer might have a utility specific to their drives, such as Samsung Magician.

Some mobo have utilities in BIOS that can do simple tasks, and many of the pre-built options have similar features.

You can use other online tools as well. Easiest thing I can tell you (and not trying to be smart) is to type into your preferred search engine, how to test "such and such" drive. The specific model can be found in device manager as well as task manager.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Is this in relation to a new install? If so, how recent a version are you on with the installer?

According to your internet speed it is not uncommon for older Windows versions to utilize a lot of resource updating/installing the newer versions and security updates.

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
Is this in relation to a new install? If so, how recent a version are you on with the installer?

According to your internet speed it is not uncommon for older Windows versions to utilize a lot of resource updating/installing the newer versions and security updates.
it started out of nowhere. Ive used the computer for years. and started out of nowhere

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
How do i test it?

If you are on Win 10 there are a couple of things that can be utilized there. Type "optimize" or "storage" in your search engine and explore those options.

Your drive manufacturer might have a utility specific to their drives, such as Samsung Magician.

Some mobo have utilities in BIOS that can do simple tasks, and many of the pre-built options have similar features.

You can use other online tools as well. Easiest thing I can tell you (and not trying to be smart) is to type into your preferred search engine, how to test "such and such" drive. The specific model can be found in device manager as well as task manager.

Solution

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018

Alright thank you, will try that