Question Standard NVM Express Controller error cannot detect m.2 ssd

Jan 30, 2021
So at the moment I have two m.2 SSD's installed in my pc. The 500gb one is what I am currently using. However, I want to use a Sabrent 1tb gen 4 m.2 as well but it cannot be detected in BIOS or Windows. Then I looked in device manager and the Standard NVM Express Controller driver states this error:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred.

How can I try and fix this? I spent days trying to get the SSD to work after building the pc, until I decided to get another m.2 to install windows onto. The motherboard is an MSI b550m Mag Mortar WIFI. Also I am sure it's an issue with the SSD as it didn't work in the other m.2 slot either.

try updating your BIOS, sometimes they improve m2 compatibility
code 10 usualy means driver cant start hardware issue, but since its generic driver, its not driver issue
could be not enough system resources if u running uefi in 32bit, see your bios settings if u have above 4G, then enable it, that will switch uefi to 64bit and give u more system resources for your devices

Jan 30, 2021
try updating your BIOS, sometimes they improve m2 compatibility
code 10 usualy means driver cant start hardware issue, but since its generic driver, its not driver issue
could be not enough system resources if u running uefi in 32bit, see your bios settings if u have above 4G, then enable it, that will switch uefi to 64bit and give u more system resources for your devices

I already updated my bios and I just tried changing the setting to above 4g but still no luck.