[SOLVED] Standard VS DCH graphics driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, as the title said, what is the difference between a standard and DCH graphics driver?

Which one should i download?

Currently, I have a MSI GTX 1070 TI Gaming, paired with Core i5 8400 and B360 AORUS Gaming motherboard and 16GB RAM, also i'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

UPDATE:

I was looking to update my Nvidia graphics driver, I went to the Nvidia website to download drivers, then found 2 types of drivers: standard vs DCH.

So, which one should i download and install??

Last edited by a moderator:

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply, but can you tell me what's the difference between both of them??

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Solution

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018

Well, sorry for that, but i still can't understand the difference, is it a new way for the driver for working at windows 10? what features will it add?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It's a Microsoft thing. They are moving to a new platform for all their drivers; Universal Windows Platform (UWP). You may have to try both formats to see if your system is fully compatible with the new format drivers. I presume it is, since you were given the option. When I go to the Nvidia website to update my GTX 1070 drivers, I don't get that option... and I'm running the latest updated Win10 Pro.

Digitrax

Honorable
Nov 3, 2014
[removed]
Seriously, dude? The guy provided nothing but helpful answers and (when appropriate) provided a link to a Google result (instead of cutting & pasting text unnecessarily) — he didn't just say "you can Google that" as others might have — and that's how you view his kindness?
Trust me on this: It's not clutchc who is the "asshat".

Digitrax

Honorable
Nov 3, 2014
[removed]
The OP (who asked the question) didn't seem to have any problem with him; nor did I. If you weren't satisfied with his answer, why didn't you ask for clarification?

Nope, instead of contributing to the thread in any meaningful way, you just insult the one guy that did answer, because you (and you alone) didn't like his answer.

Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.