Star Wars Battlefront 40 or 64 players?

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I read online that the upcoming DICE game Star Wars Battlefront is only going to support a maximum of 40 players in multiplayer (20 vs 20) instead of the typical "battlefield" 64 player (32 vs 32) and there will not be any single player campaign.

This is very disappointing as I was hoping for 64-player mayhem in gigantic open maps.

However, I read in the latest issue of electronic gaming monthly that Star Wars Battlefront WILL support 64 players in multiplayer. So which one is true?...

Perhaps Battlefront will die out just as fast as Battlefield Hardline.

BFH has only ~1,000 players in the world playing online at any given time. Nearly all of the public servers are completely empty. I reached the top 30 players in the world for BFH before quitting after I suddenly realized that virtually no one was playing it anymore.

And for the record, I was ranked #4 player in the world for Battlefield 4 and #1 in the United States before I quit playing, and I was well on my way to doing the same if not better for BFH before the multiplayer community petered out less than three months after it's release.