'Star Wars Battlefront' First Look Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought BF3 Premium edition for $15 not long after this last Christmas. $15 for the actual complete game, I feel sorry for those that paid over $100 for the game and all the DLC. Personally, I refuse to pay for DLC. It's a total scam, they create a game, chop it into 6 pieces and charge you over and over. It's great for their bottom line, but what a scam on gamers. Might try BF 4 after it's complete and goes on sale for a decent price.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Yeah... not many hopes for this mess. Hopefully Disney deep-sixes the EA connection post-haste. Disney is normally associated with quality, not rushed half-broken junk.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Personally, I refuse to pay for DLC. It's a total scam, they create a game, chop it into 6 pieces and charge you over and over. It's great for their bottom line, but what a scam on gamers. Might try BF 4 after it's complete and goes on sale for a decent price.

Dude battlefield 4 with all DLC is 30 Maps. No game is going to ship with 30 Multiplayer maps so they couldnt have cut it down.

BF4 Shipped with a healthy 12 maps. and the DLC is worth every penny us early adopters paid.

While your playing your BF4 now, we've already gotten tired of it and are playing the newest titles.

sirstinky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Whatever happened to the days when video games came in a single box with an actual disc you put into your PC or console? I love Battlefront. It's basically the only games I'll play (besides Minecraft). Battlefront 2 is the best Star Wars game in history (maybe 2nd chair to Tie Fighter). It's too bad that Battlefront has been assimilated by EA, a poo stain on a velvet comforter. I was looking forward to it, but now I will have to wait until the full version with all the DLC's comes out before I'll buy it.

My stepson got Destiny for Christmas. The game cost $60. A few months later, we had to spend another $40 to get the first DLC...There will be another DLC coming out later as well. He hasn't even finished playing the maps from the first DLC, not to mention the initial maps. $40 for some new maps, vehicles, and skins? Please stop.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I have both games. Even if its an EA Game. I've waited far too long for a release. I could cry and moan like everyone else that its EA. But alas i've realized life is too precious to let any game i've waited this long for to pass by me before i end up in my own grave. So i can't wait to play it. I do hope it has LAN support but seeing as its an EA game i doubt it will but one can hope.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
People are starting to hate more and more the publishers like EA / UbiSoft ... i just wonder why developers don`t push their games directly to Steam for instance, i might not understand what a publisher does but lately they are doing only bad things.

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
I bought BF3 Premium edition for $15 not long after this last Christmas. $15 for the actual complete game, I feel sorry for those that paid over $100 for the game and all the DLC. Personally, I refuse to pay for DLC. It's a total scam, they create a game, chop it into 6 pieces and charge you over and over. It's great for their bottom line, but what a scam on gamers. Might try BF 4 after it's complete and goes on sale for a decent price.

Exactly my thinking these days. I don't buy many third-party games on release now. I rather wait a year for the game to be properly finished through patches and all DLC to be released, for a reasonable price.

The exception in my case is pretty much my Wii U games since I know Nintendo games work flawlessly Day 1 and that they won't be ripping me off through over-priced DLC, and their prices don't go down fast at all because they're games people keep.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
So, how long after I buy the game will I no longer be able to join servers with original maps due to Premium DLC maps cannibalizing the population?

It won't be an issue. The majority of the player base will flock to 24/7 servers using the smallest map the new game has.

And that is fine, if you feel you've gotten your monies worth, then I happy for you. I remember when games were shipped complete and if there was any DLC, it was free to players, as an add-on. All EA and those like it did was get you used to buy part of a game and then charged for what used to be free. They would provide more content to keep people playing and interested. Again, I will not pay for a piece of a game, especially when it's obvious that they made the whole game and just chopped it up to make more money.

Honestly, would you have paid over $100 for BF4 right at the start for the entire game? Probably not many would, so they sell you the first piece for $60, then they sell you another for $15+, then another and another, and so on. Most people don't even realize that they are paying $100+ for the complete game, when they used to pay $40+ in the past with free content upgrades.

My fear isn't that the servers would disappear. It is that the majority will be empty while 3 or 4 are with max players. So you que up or go play single player/story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.