StarCraft MMO ''Likely'' Thanks to ''Universe'' Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Please StarCraft MMOG with no monthly subscription.[/citation]

If the monthly subscription fees contribute to Blizzard's ability to maintain a staff of dedicated in- and out-of-game GMs, and to combat the rampant cheating that plagued Diablo and D2 (but was, for the most part, absent from WoW), then I'll keep paying it.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Please StarCraft MMOG with no monthly subscription.[/citation]
Hahaha, you're funny.

"Given the popularity of the StarCraft universe, the immediate reaction to the World of StarCraft mod, and factoring in an aging World of Warcraft, Blizzard has been put into a position where an SC MMO would be too financially lucrative to pass up," the insider claims.

How much money does Blizzard need? Don't tell me they need all that money to make games, Valave does just as good of a job on a lot less.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I'm all for free as much as the next guy. But I also keep in mind that the subscriptions pay for things like server farms, developer and system administrator salaries, technical support, and all the other things that make an MMOG great.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
What if WoW, WoSC and Titan - in fact all Blizzard MMOs had the same subscription? Which means $15 for all those games? Even tho WoW would be ages old by then, $15 for all that would still be quite valuable.

G

I'll take subscription over micro-trans anyday. If it takes 15 bucks a month to continue solid ongoing development on a game I love, I'm all for it.

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008

Why do people always say this kind of crap? Are you that big of an entitled brat?

MMO fees are a great deal considering the amount of time that can be sunk into these games. $15 for hundreds of hours worth of gameplay is a steal. Without the fee, you'd either has a terrible game, or a game ruined by micro-transactions and players who buy their skill.

zoridon

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
Unlike the communist amdwilliam1985 above I have no problem with blizzard making money. They will make as much as the gaming public is willing to pay. If you don't want them to make money don't buy the product, it is that simple. Without profit there is no incentive to produce and innovate. Without profit we would be 100 years behind in current tech and countless people would starve to death since there is no incentive to produce anything.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
A global Blizzard subscription would make sense. +1 to Zeh. I still couldn't pay it, but I think they'd make even more of a killing doing it that way.

Fecal Face

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]Without the fee, you'd either has a terrible game, or a game ruined by micro-transactions and players who buy their skill.[/citation]

Or Guild Wars 2

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Totally agree with you about a global subcription fee. I doubt that would happen, especially for sub-$20 per month, but perhaps a bundling discount. For example, 25% discount on a second subcription and 50% off the third.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
wont get it because of subscription (same reason i dont own WOW)
fuck activision.

Blizzard... don't put out a game just because there is a demand for it.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
[citation][nom]koga73[/nom]Blizzard... don't put out a game just because there is a demand for it.[/citation]

As opposed to putting out a game that nobody demands? Thus nobody buys?

thols

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
According to www.titanwatch.net Titan has been in development for 4 years already and it has not even been officially announce yet so it's going to be a long time before we get any official word on WOSC. Titanwatch also has a pretty good rationale for why Titan will be subscription based so I would bet all Blizzard MMO's will follow that same model.

thols

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Actually Blizzard has already said that Titan is a brand new IP so unless they're lying it's not SC or Halo.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Blizzard needs to use some of that monthly money to get people with an IQ at 100+ to be in charge the balancing in PvP. Blizzard has failed at it since day 1...and no it's not hard if you have people in charge who actually play the game.

r0ck3tm@n

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]Blizzard needs to use some of that monthly money to get people with an IQ at 100+ to be in charge the balancing in PvP. Blizzard has failed at it since day 1...and no it's not hard if you have people in charge who actually play the game.[/citation]

NERF PALADINS

Status
Not open for further replies.